8 Safety Products for Summer Construction
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses (SOII), more work-related injuries occur during the summer months than at other times of the year. There’s nothing cooler in the hot summer months than safety on the jobsite.
We want your summer to be pleasant and safe. In honor of National Safety Month this June, we have some product recommendations and tips we’d like to highlight that can increase jobsite safety and minimize Netting – Barrier netting, debris netting, and safety netting. There are a number of different types of netting that are used to create a safe environment around the construction site. Construction netting can prevent falling debris from causing severe damage, and can also catch you or inanimate objects when they fall. Americover offers custom fabricated netting solutions for fall protection and debris containment.
the number of unintentional injuries and deaths related to construction accidents.
- Fire Retardant Sheeting – Fire retardant poly is required in many public buildings, public events, and anywhere people work or live while construction is taking place. Americover offers a variety of fire retardant plastic sheeting, which is ideal for enclosures, dust containment, or overnight protection. Additionally, our fire retardant sheeting is NFPA 701 certified to prevent the spread of fires once the source has been extinguished.
- Anti-Slip Floor Protection – Americover’s anti-slip floor protection materials help prevent slip and trip hazards. We have everything you need, from heavy-duty fire retardant materials, to durable self-adhesive floor covers.
- Containment Products – Americover offers a large selection of containment products that can prevent damage from things like dust, chemicals, smoke, and water. These products have features that make it easy to create airtight containments that won’t breach with negative air pressure, dust-free containments that won’t harm electronics and temporary containment systems during re-roofing, remodeling and other construction related projects.
- Scaffolding Enclosures – Using scaffolding to enclose a jobsite increases fall safety, helps maintain ideal working temperatures, and provides a containment for dust and debris. Americover’s heat shrink wrap can be used to create a tight barrier that will last up to 12 months in fully exposed outdoor conditions. If you need something heavy duty but lightweight, our string reinforced poly sheeting is a great tear-resistant solution. Both of these products can be used for scaffolding around bridges, buildings, and other high-rise structures.
- Anti-static sheeting – Plastic sheeting tends to accumulate surface electrostatic charges, which can cause dust build up, static discharge, and even damage to nearby electronics. This can be dangerous if static sparks are formed near flammable liquids or explosive electronics. Americover offers anti-static fire retardant sheeting that prevents the buildup of electrostatic discharge so it can safely be used around electrical equipment.
- Applicators – Americover offers applicators to quickly and easily install protective covers on floors, carpets, and walls, preventing the physical strains of lifting and bending, often making it possible for one person to complete the installation.
- Blackout Privacy – Sometimes what you don’t know won’t hurt you, and what you can’t see isn’t an issue. We offer products that can conceal sensitive equipment, or simply hide the project until you are ready to reveal the final touches. Americover’s blackout materials are solid black to prevent anyone from being a Looky Lou.
Summer: the perfect season to enjoy the outdoors, vacations, backyard grilling, and to spend time with friends and family. We want your summer to be safe and productive. Our products can help ensure that you do both.
Americover offers a large selection of specialized solutions to meet your specifications. Call us to speak with a knowledgeable rep to customize a solution for you today!