28 Aug Americover is Going Green
in Americover News
Starting September 2nd, 2013 our billing department is going paperless. Invoices will be e-mailed instead of mailed unless otherwise requested. To ensure the correct party receives invoices please make sure we have the contact name and e-mail address for your company’s accounts payable contact(s).
Going Green is easier than it sounds. Making little changes in your routine can make a big difference to our environment. Here are some easy steps you can take to be more green in the office.
1. Be Energy Efficient
- When replacing equipment, look for items with the Energy Star Label on it.
- Set your computer to sleep mode rather than having a screen saver, this can save 60-70% of power.
- Turn the computer off at the end of the day instead of leaving it on all night.
- Turn off speakers and printers when not in use
- Unplug chargers that aren’t being used
- Turn off lights in rooms that are unoccupied
2. Print Less
- If you are printing a draft of something, use both sides of the paper
- Email documents instead of mailing them
- Use multi-functioning printers that have a scanner and copier built in, so you aren’t running 3 different devices.
- Use a sharing system for interesting materials like magazines or catalogs. Pass it around instead of getting individual copies
- Review docs on-line instead of printing them off. Print only when necessary
- If you have to print buy recycled paper and then recycle it when you are done
- Print on both sides of paper
- Shred paper and use it for packing material in boxes
- Make it easy and get recycle bins for cans, bottles, paper
- Recycle ink cartridges at Staples or contact your printing supply company and find out if they have a green program for used cartridges.
4. Keep Air Flow Healthy
- Get plants to recycle the air, especially if you are cooped up in an office without windows that can open.
- Get an air purifier
5. Make it a Lifestyle
- Ride a bike or carpool to work. You could invest in a hybrid car or catch the bus or train.
- Use reusable lunch containers like tupperware and bento boxes.
- Refill your water bottle at the fountain instead of getting a new one every time.
The more conscience you are about being green the easier it is to make greener decisions. Share with others how you are going green and invite them to do it with you.